Prepare roof truss, floor truss, panel layouts and cut sheets per architectural and structural plans in a timely and efficient manner.
• Read and interpret construction documents and blueprints.
• Assist with developing and completing design details from original concept drawings and prepare truss and/or wall panel layouts.
• Draw Truss or Panel layout placement plan per architectural, mechanical and structural drawings.
• Ensure conformance to all relevant building requirements, customer requirements and municipality building codes, when applicable.
• Interpret and manage design requirements as indicated by procedures, design manuals, and other applicable specifications, and provide updates and revisions to internal processes and documentation (as needed)
• Input and price projects using A-1 in-house management software (Viper)
• Meet with customers via Go-To-Meeting or in person at job sites
• Generate and provide accurate pricing for estimating purposes.
• Generate layouts and cut sheets for final construction.
• Review design(s) for most efficient and profitable use of inventory, equipment, and manpower as time permits.
• Ensure designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to standards.
• Develop and recommend implementation of new or adaptation of existing policies, practices, procedures, and techniques.
• Aid in training of new employees as needed.
• Personally, provide customers with knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt service at all times.
• Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
• Adhere to the Company’s safety standards and enforce safety regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience