Summary: The Production Supervisor plays a pivotal role within Trussway and is vital to ensuring their team's performance to meet customer and plant expectations. This person will utilize their leadership ability and the Trussway Management System to strive for excellence. This will consist of developing people, building morale, growing a continuous improvement culture, employing Standardized Work/ Kaizen, and communicating consistent performance feedback to ensure a safe, high quality, and productive work environment.
• Work with plant leadership and foremen to demonstrate and develop an environment aligned with the Company's core values through recognition and positive reinforcement of associates, resulting in a "Buzz" of excitement, commitment, and involvement.
• Lead with Respect for individuals.
• Create a safe work environment by continuously elevating safety awareness and culture through the safety system's support and application every day.
• Coach and empower associates to engage in "4S" continuous improvement behaviors: SIGNAL, SWARM, SOLVE, and SHARE.
• Coach and mentor associates to maximize their team's performance as well as individual performance development.
• Lead effective meetings with associates and peers.
• Engage in the recruiting process to interview, hire, and retain capable team members.
• Oversee remediation process for non-conforming materials; gather and analyze data to assist in determining the root cause(s), communicate findings and work with management and plant personnel to resolve issues and assist in implementing corrective actions.
• Ensure every new hire participates in required safety orientation training and coached to learn all tasks within their job responsibilities and document this training through a training plan.
• Ensure teams follow inventory procedures and maintain accurate records.
• Ensure all routines are followed in every department to maintain and improve the level of plant cleanliness daily.
• Drive the plant performance by understanding and communicating actual results to plan/budget to the teams, knowing which area or team(s) is(are) ahead or behind the target, then work with Foremen and Production Manager on resolutions.
• To ensure effective communication, routinely support and update the visual management tools and systems (i.e., scheduling, shadow boards, OPLs, add-ons, kanbans, etc.) to allow team members to understand target versus actual for their team and the plant. Analyze the data to identify problem areas and gaps.
• Ensure all individuals are trained in and complying with standardized work routines by performing a minimum of 3 audits per day and coaching associates on the opportunities identified.
• Lead and participate in Kaizen activities to continually improve the plant operation and improve every process every day.
• Work to support and help prioritize maintenance activity to ensure the equipment is maintained through daily cleaning and lubrication, adherence to the preventative maintenance schedule, and identifying and root cause resolution of equipment issues.
• Identify and create Maintenance Connection work orders and communicate them to the maintenance department when any repairs or corrections to equipment are required.
• Communicate with shipping personnel to assure schedule adherence.
• Support Production Manager to maintain the required staffing levels.
• Plan production and machinery are crewing to level scheduling and balance associates' work-loads to meet the capacity need and customer expectations.
• Understand all work steps in the production processes and coach those processes to the target level of safety, quality, and productivity.
• Ensure continuity of production schedule by covering for the foremen when he is away from his work area.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• A self-starter with a vision to set realistic yet challenging targets with a record of achieving goals.
• An influential team member who can partner with associates to accomplish initiatives.
• Discipline to enforce and comply with standards.
• Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, Associates, or Customers.
• Capable of defining problems, collecting data, analyzing data, determining the root cause(s), and implementing corrective actions.
• Ability to learn & grow – i.e., learn & apply TMS, learn kaizen, gain CPR certification, and Forklift certification.
• Ability to lift &/or move up to 50 pounds
• Able to perform assembly tasks as required
• Basic Math skills needed
• Must be able to know Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
Production Foremen, Material handlers (may include maintenance & shipping)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Internal Applicants: You must have been in your current role for at least 1-year. Preferably as a Trussway Foreman.
• External Applicants: A minimum of 2 years of manufacturing supervisory experience is required. Experience supervising assembly operations with 40+ employees preferred.
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing preferred.
Must be bilingual – able to read, write, and speak Spanish and English required to perform job functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license required