If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
At BMC, the Structural Designer designs and completes layouts of residential roof and floor systems for pricing and manufacturing. This dedicated team member communicates plans, corrections, and changes before and during the process.
Responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Developing and completing design details from original concept drawings and preparing layouts.
- Ensuring conformance to all relevant building requirements and municipality building codes, if applicable.
- Interpreting design requirements as indicated by procedures, design manuals, and other applicable specifications.
- Planning sequence of drawings, as required.
- Computing and entering quantities into database program.
- Selecting and specifying design materials to be used.
- Generating and providing accurate pricing for estimating purposes.
- Generating layouts for final construction.
- Reviewing design(s) for most efficient and profitable use of inventory, equipment, and manpower as time permits.
- Ensuring designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to standards.