If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
At BMC, the dedicated Market Business Manager oversees and coordinates operational and financial activities for all locations within the BMC Los Angeles Market. This individual serves as a member of the market management team, providing financial support, analysis and internal control compliance.
- Assist Market Manager and Location Managers, to assure best practices and SOPs are being followed.
- Train and mentor operations leaders in key financial drivers in a way that allows them to impact their financial results (e.g. explaining what drives EBIT, RONWC, GMROI and providing individualized advice on how to achieve targets).
- Train and mentor operations leaders in operating processes and procedures; ensure best practices are shared across the organization; advises leaders on ways process improvement can lead to financial gains for the business.
- Collaborate with operations leaders on the analysis of their P&Ls and help them create an action plan specific to their needs.
- Assess the productivity/effectiveness of our business in each component of our business (e.g. sales, sales support, inventory, manufacturing, install, credit, etc.)
- Identify and work with operations leaders to address weaknesses/opportunities in the business (e.g. PPR, DSO, DIO, DPO, Lean initiatives, etc.).
- Analyze profitability of the business from aspects beyond the traditional P&L (e.g. the profitability of a product category, a customer segment, etc.).
- Partner with Operations and HR to analyze commission and incentive plans.
- Analyze and reconcile Market and Location monthly financials, expenses, and assets and provide variance reporting from budget and prior year.
- Assist in developing and reviewing market and location budgets and market business plans.
- Initiate and track market key initiatives (including AFEs for CAPEX).
- Ensure adherence to internal control procedures, assist with internal and external audits.
- Review and analyze; day end, month end, year end, reconciliation reports, cash reconciliation, revenue recognition and accrual accounts.
- Responsible for completion of the monthly Corporate Accounting cutoff checklist.
- Oversee locations physical inventories and inventory audits.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of subordinates.
- May also assist Division Vice President in division level budget and cadence reviews.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the quality improvement process and the philosophy of continuous improvement; identify and respond actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers; participate as a team player in all phases of the organization; and is open and responsive to change.
- Personally provide customers with knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt service at all times.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Company’s safety standards and enforce safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.