If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
Under the direction of the EWP Specialists works with builders, salesmen in developing structurally sound layouts for floor, wall or roof systems using engineered wood products. The trainee will develop or enhance skills listed in the major responsibilities.
- Read and interpret blueprints accurately to ensure that the correct product is ordered and that the possibility of engineering errors are reduced or eliminated.
- Use required software to develop layouts for floor, roof or wall systems with Engineered Wood Products.
- Produce drawings, engineering calculations, pricing and cut lists as needed.
- Accurately input data into software program from blueprints supplied by builder or salesman.
- Apply local building codes and structural requirements into layout and design of engineered wood product (EWP) system.
- Regularly acts a reference to builders and outside sales reps in all areas related to engineered wood structural designs and layouts.
- Attend training to keep familiarity with computer operating system and changes in EWP.
- Attend necessary training to keep current on local building codes and compliance issues.
- Maintain computer system and update with operating system upgrades as required by manufacturer.
- Coordinate with sales department to produce EWP layouts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Travel to job site, manufacturer etc as necessary to meet demands of the position.
- Other duties as assigned