SUMMARY: The Truck Driver is a pivotal role within Trussway and is vital to ensuring manufacturing plants meet customer expectations by delivering goods on time.
• Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
• Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions, and routes.
• Maintain logs of working hours or vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
• Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chains, binders, or covers.
• Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations.
• Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products.
• Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
• Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
• Special projects as assigned.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote the effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Able to work with minimum supervision, completing all tasks and deliverables.
• Effective team member who can partner with associates and accomplish initiatives.
• Discipline to comply with standards.
• CDL License
• Ability to lift &/or move up to 50 pounds
• Basic Math skills needed
• Attention to detail
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Class A CDL required, at least 5 years’ experience, must pass Motor Vehicle Request with clear check
• 3-5 years related experience and/ or training
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Class A CDL
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; and talk and/or hear. The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 50 or more pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and traffic.
This travels on a regular basis.
If interested, please apply to https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment....