If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
At BMC, the Inventory Control Specialist is at the hub of it all - touching almost every role within field operations to keep things smooth sailing. That means being a team player with a knack for optimization. They're in charge of making sure that inventory processes and procedures are done right - plus delivering on-target projections. Financial, operations, sales, delivery - this is a job that supports every corner of BMC's success.
- Oversee the receiving process for all products at the location.
- Analyze and review all special order vendor back orders as well as customer back orders that may be the result of poor inventory control practices.
- Analyze all Value Add and other Trend force ships and take appropriate steps to correct in the system.
- Work with appropriate RBC manager to set up and maintain all Bill of Materials in Trend.
- Ensure that the Value Add process is completed in a timely manner.
- Complete cycle counts as requested by the Sourcing Department and Location Manager.
- Notify the Sourcing Department of any inventory adjustment due to damage, short shipment, returns or for any other reason.
- Coordinate with the Sourcing Department inventory adjustments due to cycle counts needed at the location.
- Run the bi-annual fiscal inventory for the location.
- Notify / Requests of the Sourcing Managers of new product code set-ups.
- Work with any vendor that has been established to provide the company with a location “Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI).”
- Maintain a working knowledge of all products manufactured in store and how they are assembled.
- Communicate with the Sourcing Department on all Cycle Count variances to find root cause of problems and to keep the problem from reoccurring.
- Work with Supplier Reps and/or the Sourcing Department to manage damaged and defective products to obtain most value for the company.
- Identify and manage surplus and obsolete inventory.
- Proactively works to reduce and manage this inventory.
- Understands the impact of slow-moving inventory on the procurement process.
- Oversee Order Entry process to insure that orders are entered to best impact inventory usage such as managing and overseeing the use of Future Orders for maximum advantage.
- Work with the Sourcing Department to achieve the best optimized inventory.
- Project future usage changes and understands their impact on the system.
- Run RARR’s and orders from POERR and WTERR to maintain levels of assigned programs.
- Seeks out suppliers with Sourcing Managers guidance when normal ARP path supplier is out of stock.
- Enter PO’s into the system.
- Review all confirmations with price and quantities in Trend, updating pricing and ship date.
- Work with Sourcing Manager on getting any replacement cost updated as needed to keep variance to a minimum.
- Maintain a confirmation file system.
- Communicate with CRS/SM on updating ICSW on items usage to maintain Trend files.
- This includes updating ICSW files, status, safety stock, lead time, usage adjustments and standard packs for assigned product categories or vendors.
- Works with Fulfillment Team to improve locations turns and profitability.
- Administers and maintains pool shipments as part of any “Hub & Spoke” distribution programs within a market.
- Administration and take-away reporting of vendor consigned inventory programs within a location or market.
- Review of daily NNA and PORBX reports with follow up to avoid any out of stock situations.
- Responsible to achieve inventory level targets and Open to Buy controls as set by the Director of Supply Chain Fulfillment. (Based on products replenished by ICS).
- Other duties that may need to be assigned.